Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lord, Break My Heart for What Breaks Yours

Why are there only certain people that are begging God to be broken for what breaks His heart?  Why are there certain people who want to be aware of someone else's pain in order to love them with the love Jesus Christ has given us?

There is a song "Give me Your Eyes" that has these lyrics: "Give me love for humanity, Even those far beyond my reach."

How can God break our hearts so we can see how much humanity needs love in their lives.  The second statement speaks volumes as well.  "Even those far beyond my reach"...You must be a dedicated lover and follower, disciple, desperate child of God to know how precious these sweet words mean.  You must have enormous faith in order to realize the probability of reaching others far beyond our own reach.  As Christians though we know nothing is out of reach for God.  Thankfully all things are possible with Him.

For me God had to break me in such a deep way (this is after being "saved") so that I could have a softened heart towards others who need to know how others care for them and more importantly how our Saviour, Jesus Christ, loves them.  We live in a world that is full of people living barren lives in the midst of what they see as just a busy life.

Most of the time it takes our own heart breaking and God remolding it in order for our heart to be sensitive to the real issues in life.

My encouragement to you today is to ask someone, anyone, how you can pray for them today.  It doesn't matter if they are Christians or Atheists or whomever you may run into.  Just extend the invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment