Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Changes

For those of you who don't know me I recently moved to a new town (a few thousands of miles away) to be near family.

Today I realized how much security I do not have.  I do not value security like society does.  At times I feel very alone and not really sure where God will lead me.

We just flew into town last week so the shock of this is where we will be living from now on is still fresh.  I do not have any friends here.  I am going to have to work very hard to get connected with other Christian people.  When you are taken from you comfort circle in a rather abrupt way it makes you scared and it can be very easy to resort to your "old self" ways.

I am also moving from spending the past 5 years as a stay at home Mom to having to work full time.  Writing out my resume the other day made me realize how many skills I do not have that potential employers look for.  I am finishing up my degree at a local Christian University which I know is something God has been leading me to for years but it took me a while to realize it.  I may be unemployed but I know I am leading a life full of purpose when I'm walking with God and not away from Him.

I have a deep desire to help other people, to teach others, about applying The Bible to their life.  So for now I will stick to writing about what is on my heart.

"Thou hast formed us for Thyself and our hearts are restless till they find rest in Thee." -A.W. Tozer

No comments:

Post a Comment