Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day: A Day to Remember

Today is not a happy day.  In fact I really do not like when people tell me have a happy memorial day.  It is not about the sales or what kind of grilled meat I have on the menu.  It is a day to remember the ones who gave the ultimate sacrifice.  It is a sad day because it reminds me of all the brave men and women we have lost to war.  War is not pretty and it is stressful to say the least.


On this day I remember the families affected too.  It is the families left behind that are struggling with the pain of remembering their loved one.  Some do not even know how to cope with a day like today and how can they?  People are out celebrating a day off work while others deal with extreme sadness.


I am a volunteer with www.familyofavet.com and I urge you to visit their site to see what veterans and their families are dealing with.  

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! I struggled with that yesterday too. I wanted to run screaming through the streets the REAL meaning of Memorial Day! It's especially hard for those of us who have suffered the pain of having a loved one lost to war.
    Please please remember everyone....

    ReplyDelete