Saturday, May 26, 2012

How do you Define Faith??

How do you define faith??  What does it mean to you and how has it changed you?



“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”  -Hebrews 11:1



First off two phrases that jump out at me is “being sure of” and “certain”.  We are sure of God’s word being The Way and truth.  We are also certain that God has the last say and will ultimately defeat Satan so that he has no say in our life.  So faith is believing is God is who He says He is.   As Pastor Waxer from One Love Ministries in Honolulu, Hawaii says, “God is not just His name but His job description”.  In knowing that we have that comfort and in turn our faith grows.

The New Testament uses the word faith as a word to describe our comfort in His knowing or in His truth.  I felt it was needed to check my concordance as well and the greek word for faith in this scripture means, “firm persuasion, a conviction based upon hearing” (The New Strong’s Concise Concordance & Vine’s Concise Dictionary of the Bible).

Faith has a huge impact in our Christian community.  
It serves as our foundation in how we live our life as Children of God.  Faith has a huge importance on every day life because it helps to guide us and keep us on the right track. I believe it also helps our fellow brothers and sisters to deter them from making sinful choices. We must stick together as children of the faith and really encourage others like what Romans teaches us to do.  

Faith is one of the biggest roles in my own life both personally and professionally.  Through trusting God during some difficult times I can see now how those times have molded me into a much stronger person .  In turn, God has shown to give me more faith by showing me miracles in my life that further prove His goodness and His love.  Without faith I would be nothing because it holds me together.  God holds me together and that is the only way I am able to live.  Faith is His promise to us that He will never leave us nor forsake us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment