Tuesday, June 12, 2012

S.O.S.

As I was studying Psalm 40 tonight i came across this scripture:


"I waited patiently for the lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire.
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God."
-Psalm 40:1-4


Wow is all I can say really.  As some of my previous posts have talked about being rescued. Do you need to be rescued??  This week's service at my local church (Fellowship Church-Grand Junction, CO) made me realize how many people were not ready to proclaim how desperate they are to be saved.  How many of us can read this verse and in the quietness of our home say "Yes Lord" I want that.  However, when we get around our church family our pride kicks in and prevents us from doing so.


It is like we need a rescue to get rescued.


God wants to save you.....His precious and chosen children.  fear starts to cloud our egos and tries to prevent us from getting on our hands and knees and begging our heavenly father for this rescue.


God not only wants to rescue you but He wants that close relationship with you.  He will take you from your weakened foundation you are standing on in order to put you on a firm rock solid foundation.  Through these acts we can learn about faith in such a deeper level than before.


God wants to rescue you but the question is will you let him?

No comments:

Post a Comment