Friday, November 23, 2012

Earthly Tools


I've been noticing a pattern lately in my life.  I have a lot of tools to complete a task but of all the tools I possess none of them are a fit for what I need to get done.  To be honest it is frustrating to have so many tools at your disposal but they end up being worthless because they just aren't what you need right now.

Obviously, I am talking about a real issue of putting a newly purchased item together.  The item I needed was a plain phillips screwdriver.  However, after searching my toolbox and tearing my house apart I only could find 3 screwdrivers but they were all flat heads.  My only feeling tonight was failure.  How could I not of found the tool I so desperately needed.  I knew I had one but yet it was no where to be found.

In the midst of my frustration I sat down and realized the reflection this issue has on my own life.  I have so many tools to use for life yet when it comes down to it only one tool will do.  This one tool was made specifically for this task.  There is no substitute tool either.  Trust me I have tried.  This one tool is not only the only tool that was designed for this job but it's the ONLY one.

This made me think of the tools God has given me for my life.  What happens then when I discover I do not have a tool that I need in order to teach others how to be strong?

God has been breaking me in a severe way.  I grew up being able to fix a furnace by the time I was 6 years old.  I am no stranger to tools you would find in any garage and was always able to tackle any task that needed to get done.  That was until tonight.  You see tonight I bought a TV and I thought how hard could it be to put together.  When I opened the package and found the 8 screws packaged in a cute little bag I thought this is going to be too easy.

Then I went to get my phillips screwdriver out of my tool box and that is where my hope became foggy.  I know I have that particular tool but if I don't know where to find it, it will be of no use to me.

Needless to say I need to go buy the right tool so my TV doesn't end up falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment