Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jesus: Our True Battle Buddy

Sometimes life just feels like a war zone.  I know I'm talking to somebody!!  It may not feel like a constant war zone but maybe many smaller battles.  I use to live the military lifestyle and this title reminded me of the bonds I made.  During deployments we would call other friends "battle buddies" or "battle sisters".  Still today I could call any one of them and they would help me out.  I would do the same for them in a heartbeat.  No questions asked!  Now take the actual military member and that bond is even stronger. Those men and women would protect one another to such an extreme level it is not even imaginable to someone who has not gone to war.

"Great love has no one as this
that he lay down his life for his friends."
-John 15:13

Do you have people in your life that you can count on like that?  Sadly I think most of us would say no.

Jesus came not to just be Our Redeemer but our true Battle Buddy.  He is willing to go through the trenches with you and take bullets for you.  He desires that forever bond with you!

If you have been "through the trenches" and have had that friend with you and not flinch when the war became bloody you know that deep bond I am talking about.

Others can encourage you but only Jesus can protect you.  Jesus knows what it is like to be in battle, to be rejected, to be tortured, to be rejected, to be unloved, to be thrown to the way side.

Our Heavenly Father knows our pain, our struggles, our disappointments, our needs and wants--our greatest desires.  He is the one who created YOU!!

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb."
-Psalm 139:13

He made you to have the desires you have.  Do you trust Him enough to care and nuture those desires because He has a bigger purpose than you can see?

We crave so badly to have someone go to battle with us.  Jesus is that person who willingly wants badly to go to battle with you.  In fact, He has begged to be that Battle Buddy for you.

That forever bond lasts forever.  Even when friends part or don't talk as much that forever bond never goes away.  You may hear of your earthly battle buddy in need and you won't hesitate to do anything for that person--even in death.  That is what Jesus desires to be for you.  He wants to be your Battle Buddy.  The only difference is that HE can save you from everything and anything.  He has already conquered death to give you LIFE.


"I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand."
-Psalm 40:1-2




No comments:

Post a Comment